[PLUG] 10GBe NICs compatible with arm64 linux?

Mike Cherba mcherba at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 00:30:37 UTC 2021

I've spent a fair amount of time with 10g, 40g and 100g on ThunderX and
OcteonTX/OcteonTx2 ARM64 processors.  Unfortunately this answer will depend
a bit on which ARM64 CPU you're running and the box etc.  The base intel
cards SHOULD be well supported, but in general this stuff is mostly still
not fully upstreamed, but tends to be supported in the trees from the CPU
vendor.

--
“There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make
it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is