[PLUG] Still having issues with grub-pc

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri Jun 18 05:35:13 UTC 2021

Step 1:

  dpkg -l grub-pc

which should give you the partially installed version you've got.

Step 2:

  dpkg --debug=3 -i
/var/cache/apt/archives/grub-pc_<whatever-your-version-is>*.deb

According to dpkg --debug=help, --debug=3 turns on

      1  general          Generally helpful progress information
      2  scripts          Invocation and status of maintainer scripts

Hopefully, that will give you more clues about what's going wrong.