[PLUG] Website of linux command examples

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sun Jun 20 18:18:31 UTC 2021

On Sun, 20 Jun 2021 08:51:13 -0700
John Jason Jordan <johnxj at gmx.com> dijo:

>>The site I'm thinking of:
>>   1. does not duplicate man page content.
>>   2. does not aim to be a tutorial
>>   3. apparently aims to include as many commands as possible.
>>      {I've found several pages of "... most popular commands"}
>>   4. has no graphics and no fancy formatting {simple paragraph
>> style}.

I should have added my own complaint about man pages - rarely do they
give the reader any examples. The missing examples are often not to be
found in web pages either. In fact, were I to attempt to write a man
page I think I'd just give the command as used in practice, followed by
the explanation, rather than the other way around.