[PLUG] *NOT* "how to ask ..." *BUT* "triggering useful ..."

Ben Koenig techkoenig at protonmail.com
Sat Jun 26 22:51:43 UTC 2021

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

On Saturday, June 26th, 2021 at 1:13 PM, Richard Owlett <rowlett at cloud85.net> wrote:

> On 06/26/2021 02:49 PM, Ben Koenig wrote:
>
> > After spending some time researching your question, I have determined that the answer is 42.
>
> That one is even older than Methuselah.

Regardless of it's age it conveys a point that is very relevant to your "question".

A technologically advanced society built a supercomputer to answer the ultimate question of Life, the Universe, and Everything. A question so broad in scope that even the most power AI ever built needed to spend millions of years processing all variables.

In the end, it determined that "42" was the answer to the question the people asked. There was just one small problem....

"Life, The Universe, and Everything" is not a question. It's not even a well formed sentence. It's just 3 abstract concepts placed next to each other with no purpose or direction. The Ultimate Answer made no sense because the Ultimate Question didn't make any sense.

With that in mind I go back to your original "question" in this email thread... You have expressed an interest in making sure that your questions are responded to with functional and/or useful answers and yet I can't seem to find a meaningful question anywhere in your email. How will you understand my answer if you never understood the question?
-Ben