[PLUG] Blank screen after startup

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Mon Mar 8 23:40:18 UTC 2021

As mentioned in my most recent post, I've swapped desktop machines. I'm
mostly successfully using the "newer" installation, ENU-1. I have tried
running the older installation, ENU-2, but it's not showing the screens
(two monitors). I watch the initial startup text, then the Xubuntu
splash screen, then  a "login" screen followed by a blank screen with a
cursor at the top left of each monitor, so I know the video is working.
The machine is up and running, since I can connect to it remotely and
access files. Where do I start to troubleshoot this one?

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens