[PLUG] Blank screen after startup

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Tue Mar 9 01:21:08 UTC 2021

On 3/8/21 5:07 PM, Bill Barry wrote:
> Did this happen after an update of the video driver?

No. This morning I was using ENU-2 as my main desktop machine. After
lunch I shut down both ENU-2 and ENU-1 and swapped boxes. All the
peripherals stayed where they were. Both machines have a keyboard,
mouse, speakers, and two monitors. So all the stuff that had been on
ENU-2 are now connected to ENU-1, and vice versa. ENU-1 is up and
running Xubuntu 20.04, mostly as I expect it to. ENU-2, not so much.

> Does alt-F1 give you a real text login screen with the word login there?
> That should probably be ctrl-alt-F1

Yes, ctrl-alt-F1 does give me a real text login screen, after the
Xubuntu splash screen goes away. I am able to login there. I'm told that
there are 7 packages that can be uploaded. apt list --upgradable tells
me one is a gnome-sudoku, and the other 6 are bionic-security upgrades.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens