[PLUG] XFCE on Xubuntu 20 -- Moving a task in the taskbar

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Tue Mar 9 04:57:05 UTC 2021

On 3/8/21 8:37 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> OK, right-click on an empty spot to bring up its properties, and at the
> top of the popup it'll probably say 'window buttons.' If so, then it is
> the window buttons plugin for the panel. It can be removed from the
> panel or moved before or after other panel plugins. And while the
> window buttons right-click popup is open you can select its Properties,
> where you can choose how the buttons are displayed. There are several
> options, and I recommend that you play with them a bit. I keep mine set
> to the option where I can move them wherever I want them, but you can
> also keep them always in alphabetical order, or in groups, and there
> are other options as well.

Found it. I realized, as I looked at it, they buttons were in
alphabetical order. I prefer your preference where I can move them
wherever I want them. I found the place to make the change by right
clicking on an empty spot in the panel, going down to Panel > Panel
Preferences, then selecting Items, and then selecting Window Buttons.
Then I clicked the gear shaped icon to edit the settings for Window
Buttons. Sure enough, it was set to Window Title. I changed it to None,
allow drag-and-drop. That solved the problem.

Thanks.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens