[PLUG] Firefox security issue?

Ben Koenig techkoenig at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 22:14:38 UTC 2021

The most vulnerable point in any system is the user. If you were told to
use mozilla-firefox instead of firefox then the only flaw here is in the
bureaucracy.

Firefox is the shorthand name for Mozilla's flagship project. In
Slackware it is packaged as "mozilla-firefox" but nobody refers it that
way. Maybe some pencil pusher at your bank got confused over the change
from Firefox to Firefox Quantum even though it still gets packaged as
mozilla-firefox.

Most likely explanation is that they are in a panic right now over the
recent cybersecurity attacks and are overcompensating.The last couple
years have been a complete shitshow for microsoft so I would not be
surprised if people are making stupid decisions in a vain attempt to
cover their butt-holes.

-Ben