[PLUG] Firefox security issue?

Tomas Kuchta tomas.kuchta.lists at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 23:15:59 UTC 2021

On Thu, Mar 11, 2021, 17:29 carl day <carl0spamday at gmail.com> wrote:

> You could do a user-agent switch, then firefox could tell their
> server, i'm windows-ie or
> ms-windows chrome. i have done that for some banks.
> .

FWIW

I use Firefox + addblock on Linux (Ubuntu, openSuSE, Debian and centOS)
exclusively for banking.

I do not have to mess with user agent or use different browser or OS for
none of the banks, CUs, brokers, pensions, insurances, health providers,
etc. I use - small and huge.

I have not done any Linux/browser based due diligence before signing up. I
only reviewed their service, products, cost and financials. So, AFAIK, my
choices are random samples from web browser/OS point of view.

If you need a suggestion recommendation, feel free to reach out off the
list.

-T