[PLUG] Odd 4.1 KB Volume

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 15 16:00:13 UTC 2021

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021, Dick Steffens wrote:

>> Is there something I should be looking for on one of the logs (which one
>> or ones?) that could shed light on the problem?

Dick,

There are two generic logs: messages and syslog, at least on Slackware. I'd
look there, first. Depending on how log rotation is set up on your
distribution you'll probably find, e.g., messages, messages.1, messages.2,
etc. Depending on the time cron/log.dail runs logrotate I'd look toward the
head of messages and the tail of messages.1 and their syslog equivalents for
anything looking like ot would make a new volumn.

HTH,