[PLUG] Odd 4.1 KB Volume

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Mar 15 19:20:07 UTC 2021

On Mon, 15 Mar 2021, Dick Steffens wrote:

>>> Activating service name='org.freedesktop.thumbnails.Thumbnailer1'
>>> requested by ':1.27' (uid=1000 pid=1277 comm="Thunar --daemon "
>>> label="unconfined")

Hokay, let's look at this. It appears that the requester is the local host
(127.0.0.1) which makes sense. The file manager (thunar) is asking for a
thumbnail.

Do you have thumbnails displayed on the screen?

I don't see an option in Setttings -> File manager to not create thumbnails,
only to select them with one or two clicks of the pointy device.

As a test try halting thunar and not have it automatically load when the
system reboots and then use either the command line or midnight commander
(mc) or another file manager and see if that bites off the thumbnails that
keep growing on your system.

If you don't like mc perhaps you'll find a file manager you like here:
<https://www.tecmint.com/top-best-lightweight-linux-file-managers/>.

If thunar is the problem replacing it with an alternative that doesn't
distract you would be a worthwhile investment of your time.

Stay well,