[PLUG] Internet providers

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Wed May 5 22:47:19 UTC 2021

Derek,

Did they need to do a new service drop to your house/building? Was it
underground or overhead? Did your install happen pre- or post-
transition to Ziply?

My house got CenturyLink fiber in 2015, installed by a contractor. In
fact, his helper didn't show up and I ended up helping (e.g. holding
tension on the service drop cable so it didn't sag into the street). A
few weeks later, a neighbor got installed and had 4 CenturyLink trucks
parked outside. I stopped to ask if they needed any help.

My mom still lives out in the burbs, and the possibility of switching
comes up occasionally.