[PLUG] Internet providers

Derek Loree drl at drloree.com
Thu May 6 04:21:59 UTC 2021

> On May 5, 2021, at 3:47 PM, Russell Senior <russell at personaltelco.net> wrote:
>
> Derek,
>
> Did they need to do a new service drop to your house/building? Was it
> underground or overhead? Did your install happen pre- or post-
> transition to Ziply?

This was a new service drop into a business in a multi-business building.  They had fiber to the utility closet, but did not have a drop into our space.  When I finally got the guy that could run fiber (about 10 days after the initial install date), all he had to do was feed into an overhead conduit that was already in place, took about 10 minutes.  Then I had to have another tech come in on another day and install the modem.  I’ve been in contact with them 4 times now, we’re paying for a 1Gig connection, but I can’t get a speedtest to go over 240Megs.  Each time I talk to them I get a different story, very frustrating.