[PLUG] Old OS on New Machine

Michael Barnes barnmichael at gmail.com
Thu May 6 22:57:48 UTC 2021

I'm having the opposite of Dick's problem. I just built a new computer
using an ASUS Pro B460M-C motherboard with 32GB or RAM. I'm trying to
install CentOS7. I have both DVD and USB stick. I get the initial menu to
choose install, test media and install, or troubleshoot. Regardless of what
I choose, the screen blanks and nothing happens. I have also tried a
Knoppix DVD with the same results.

No commentary on distribution needed, I must install CentOS 7. I'll try
other things for troubleshooting, but in the end, I need CentOS7 installed.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Michael