[PLUG] Moving program buttons in XFCE panel

Dick Steffens dick at dicksteffens.com
Wed May 12 21:35:14 UTC 2021

On 5/12/21 2:22 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Wed, 12 May 2021, Rich Shepard wrote:
>
>> IIRC, move the icons using the mouse as long as there's an empty spot
>> for
>> it. It should work the same as moving open applications from one virtual
>> desktop to another.
>
> Better yet, Open Settings -> Panel -> Applications and use the up and
> down
> arrows on the right side to reorganize the launchers (as long as you know
> the present and desired position of each).

It's entirely possible I'm using the wrong nomenclature. I'm referring
to the buttons (?) that show up at the top of the screen when I start a
program. Typically, they arrange themselves in the order in which they
are started. That's what I want, unless one of them is closed for some
reason and I restart it. Then I want to move it back to where it was
before. However, right now the buttons are organized in the order in
which the program was started, but when one shuts down and I restart it,
I can't move the button to where it used to be. I used to be able to
simply left-click and hold a button and drag it to where I want it in
the panel. When I do that now, it acts like it's supposed to until I let
go of the mouse button, but the button never moves. I know this happened
to me before, and I figured it out somehow, likely with PLUG help, but
the solution is eluding me today.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens