[PLUG] Wireless Camera, Raspberry Pi, NO Network

Michael Barnes barnmichael at gmail.com
Thu May 20 00:00:32 UTC 2021

Here's an interesting one. I have a standalone Raspberry Pi 3 B+. It has a
screen and keyboard. It is not connected to any network, nor is any network
available to connect to.

I would like to use an outdoor wireless camera and view it on the RPi. I
can get 12V to the camera for power. I do not have a camera yet, need
advice. I would rather be able to view on the RPi rather than have a
separate video monitor.

I see lots of inexpensive wireless security IP cameras that you can use
with your home wifi, but that needs a network router and all that goes with
a network. Don't want all that, just want to connect to the RPi.

Thanks for any ideas.

Michael