[PLUG] Guiding Windows user to Linux

Richard Owlett rowlett at cloud85.net
Sun Oct 10 10:48:54 UTC 2021

On 10/08/2021 12:00 PM, Russell Senior wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 8, 2021 at 9:41 AM Richard Owlett <rowlett at cloud85.net> wrote:
>
>> I was a satisfied user of gnome2. Gnome3 came along with ugly and
>> annoying defaults and without info on how to get back to what I was used
>> to. I'm installing Bullseye on one machine this weekend. I'll see if the
>> gnome tweak tool will give me what I want. To make it a fair test could
>> you send me your "howto doc"?
>
> Here's what I had written, as of April 2020. Your tastes may vary.
[SNIP contents of "Documenting how to install Ubuntu to a comfortable
configuration:"]

Thank you. It gives food for thought.
I'll have to use a different machine than planned to install Bullseye
and make my comparisons. Some loosely related projects have progressed
far enough to complicate issues. But S.W. Missouri is scheduled for a
week of rainy days. That will give me lots of time ;}