[PLUG] Choices for recording videos

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 22 21:19:49 UTC 2021

I'm trying to learn if OBS will allow me to replace the three software
packages I now use: wxcam (webcam capture), vokoscreenNG (screen window
caputure), pitivi (video editing to stich together webcam and screen). My
web searches haven't answered my questions.

For example, I'm preparing to record a video that has 4 scenes (two .jpg
images, one .pdf window capture, and the webcam). What I want to know is
whether OBS will allow me to record each component separately then integrate
them into the final video.

I find browser OBS results that focus on streaming rather than recording and
suggest it needs to be done in sequence (which does make sense but doesn't
have the control over individual components.)

All thoughts welcome!