[PLUG] New curated search engine: neeva.com

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Sun Sep 5 01:14:06 UTC 2021

Remember when Google worked surprisingly well?

Google is becoming worse than useless.  A recent Scott
Galloway book (mostly about the post-COVID business
landscape) suggests   neeva.com   - an ad-free
privacy-oriented subscription ($5/mo) search engine.

According to   https://neeva.com/blog
Neeva announced public availability on 06/29/21 , so
I expect gaps and rough edges.  The Neeva blog goes
back to 06/22/20, explaining how Neeva made it into
Galloway's recently released book.

Neeva does not seem to be open source, but they are
transparent about objectives and methods.  See
https://neeva.com/learn

The first three months are free.  I will probably sign up,
but I would like to do so along with a larger informal
testing team, designing tests to probe for weaknesses,
and also unexpected strengths.  I've already become so
resigned to Google's (and DuckDuckGo's) shortcomings
that I've forgotten how to find best search outcomes.

The more of us looking for and sharing good/bad Neeva
outcomes, the sooner we will find them.

Or not.  Neeva might be useless, or strong in areas that
do not matter to you and me.  But more explorers can
cover more territory.

Keith

Keith Lofstrom          keithl at keithl.com