[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] Re: Jobs to Canada

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Sun Aug 31 00:01:59 UTC 2003

* Russell Evans <russell-evans at uswest.net> [2003-08-30 11:33]:
> Anyone know what the liability for car pooling is. If I'm driving and I get
> into an accident, can my car pool buddies sue me? Do I have to pay for their
> medical? In both situations, where I'm at fault, and not at fault?

Well, as I understand it, yes, you would be responsible. Your liability
insurance (PIP or somesuch) would be what covers it. Keep in mind that
if your insurance doesn't cover it all, then you are personally
responsible, and the injured party can sue you for any balance.

Of course, IANAL or an insurance agent, so you really should be asking
either your insurance agent, or a lawyer.

My daughter was in an accident in a friends car. We found out after the
fact that the friend was uninsured. Our medical insurance refused to
pay, as auto insurance should cover it. If it wasn't for US having auto
insurance, the medical bills would have gone unpaid.

--
Russ Johnson
Dimension 7/Stargate Online

Top post? http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html

Random thought #1 (Collect all 20)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke