[PLUG-TALK] How to be a good Democrat

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Oct 21 18:44:37 UTC 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Russ Johnson wrote:
> And you know so much about me, that you know I don't give a shit about
> humanity?

You continuously espouse a view of selfishness and apathy toward people
not in your immediate family.  You dismiss (sometimes with extreme
prejudice) concerns folks raise regarding respect and care for other
people when you see that to impinge upon the right of private tyrannies to
do whatever improves short-term profits or stock prices.

You have never, in the posts I've read, expressed sympathy or a
willingness to help others without qualifying that expression and limiting
that willingness and expressing a bias against such help under certain
conditions.

I have never seen you argue for or against something on humanitarian
grounds.

> The rest of your contact with me is via this list, and I must say that
> only scratches the surface of what *I* am.

Well, you've described those things that you have time to do and further
expressed that you simply don't have time to take on humanitarian
projects.  So how much more can there be?

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net