[PLUG-TALK] O.J. and guns

Brian Beattie beattie at beattie-home.net
Fri Jul 2 00:56:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-07-01 at 20:04, AthlonRob wrote:

> The system doesn't work very well with domestic violence - IMO, it
> should be a lot harsher and less forgiving.

I suspect that the problem is more that victims find it hard to press
charges and/or to "get out".  Domestic violence is a difficult and
complex problem that does not lend it self to the 4x5 card solutions
that so many conservatives and libertarians love.
--
Brian Beattie   LFS12947 | "Honor isn't about making the right choices.
beattie at beattie-home.net | It's about dealing with the consequences."