[PLUG-TALK] Re: small shotgun?

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Tue Jul 13 16:38:39 UTC 2004

AthlonRob wrote:

>FWIW, criminals still have guns in Europe and Australia.  Guns become
>that much more powerful when nobody else has them.  Violent crime climbs
>in cities and countries that outlaw guns.  Take Washington, DC, as an
>example of this.

While I agree with the argument in principal, I have a good friend from
Oz. He lives in Sydney, and has shown me statistics that per capita, gun
crime and violent crime in general, is less prevalent in Oz.

Now this could just be an education issue, but he claims it's because
guns are not as widespread there as here.

Russ