[PLUG-TALK] Re: [PLUG] upgrading disk without reinstalling anything

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Tue Mar 30 00:09:20 UTC 2004

Jeme A Brelin wrote:

>Well, seeing that your MUA is the one that added the first set of
>quotation indices above (the > characters closest to the text of mine that
>you quoted), then it seems that your MUA also did NOT reformat the text.

It did what it should do. In the case you site, it didn't reformat the
short lines.

In the case of long lines, it should reformat to fit my screen.

In your example earlier, you had to purposefully insert line feeds where
they didn't belong to get the results you wanted. And yes, it showed up
here long line, short line, long line...

However, I don't (and I suspect not many other folks do either) hit
return at the end of a line on my screen. My MUA automatically moves my
cursor, and doesn't put a line feed there either. If some MUA does, then
that's broken too.

Russ