[PLUG-TALK] DFW airport on google maps

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Apr 13 04:56:37 UTC 2006

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> writes:

Keith> [...] This suggests that the satellite taking the photos is
Keith> probably moving south-to-north, too, and we are looking at two
Keith> stitched together frames with a join somewhere across terminals
Keith> C and D.  Since the satellite is probably in a low orbit,
Keith> moving about 8Km per second, one can probably compute frame
Keith> rates and such for the camera, if you are better at math than I
Keith> am.

I could be wrong, but I think the nicer hi-res photos on google are
aerial photos rather than satellite.  Digital orthoquads or something.
That's why there isn't universal coverage at that scale, but it's
limited to urban areas of "enhanced interest".

seniorr at aracnet.com