[PLUG-TALK] Make your own warning labels

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Wed Sep 13 20:41:10 UTC 2006

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006, Brent Rieck wrote:
> Keith Lofstrom wrote:
>> http://www.warninglabelgenerator.com/
>
> Thanks, that's kind of fun, but what's up with the Star of David on that
> list of symbols?  I can't really think of any of the labels ("Warning",
> "Caution", "Danger", "Think", "Safety First", "Be Careful", "Notice",
> "Security Notice") that wouldn't be considered at least slightly
> anti-semitic with a Star of David on them.  Hippies, anarchists, taoists
> and white supremacists would also have concerns I imagine.  Where's the
> regular cross?  And the star and crescent?  And the inverted pentagram?
> And.. and.. and..

First, it's pretty reasonable to put a logo on a warning label that
attracts the attention of the people that you want to read the label.  So,
"Warning: Contents Hate Jews" could very well have that particular star on
the outside and be completely reasonable.

And as an anarchist, I'm not offended at all by the inclusion of the
circle A in their options.  That symbol inspires fear in all manner of
oppressor and warning them that we will do what we will is at least
polite.

The cross is immediately to the left of the star, by the way.

No crescent.  But surely the last thing we need in the dominant culture is
an EASIER way to blast Islam.

J.
--
      Jeme A Brelin