[PLUG-TALK] Citation Needed stickers

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Feb 11 21:18:24 UTC 2008

On Mon, 11 Feb 2008, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> As the election season heats up, and Palpatine, Tinkerbell and the Wicked
> Witch hurl increasingly unsubstantiated insults at each other, it is nice
> to have something to affix to their campaign signs.

   So, you don't like the rules of the Election Game? Obviously, the majority
of potential voters do. Negative ads, wild claims of malfeasance, outright
lies, all work. Of course, when most people are asked if they like this mud,
they tell the pollsters, "Certainly not!" Yet they must because if it wasn't
effective the campaigns wouldn't be doing it.

   For us NOTAs[1], particularly here in Oregon, there's nothing to do but sit
back and watch the egos and big money folks battle for two years. When the
dust final settles, and there's only one ego left standing for each party,
we can focus on determining which is the evil of the two lessers. Then we'll
know for whom to vote against.

[1] None Of The Above. We used to be called "independents" until someone
registered an Independent Party (oxymoronic as that is) so he could stand
for some state-wide elected position. So, we're no longer independents, but
NOTAs.