[PLUG-TALK] Digitizing Records on a Linux Box

Paul Mullen pm at nellump.net
Mon Feb 18 20:09:20 UTC 2008

On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 11:57:35AM -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:
> Has anyone here (in addition to Dick Steffens) used a USB turntable
> to record vinyl records on a linux box? If so, please tell me what
> brand/model of turntable you use and your thoughts on ease of set up
> and recording quality.

If you already have a decent turntable, you might consider a
phono-to-USB hardware gadget, like the USBPhonoPlus:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/381598-REG/ART_USB_PHONOPLUS_V2_USBPhonoPlus_v2_Audio_Interface.html

I bought one of these recently, and it works great. Use Audacity or
arecord to capture to disk, and Audacity for noise filtering, editing,
etc.

--
Paul