[PLUG-TALK] Digitizing Records on a Linux Box

Richard C. Steffens rsteff at comcast.net
Mon Feb 18 21:39:42 UTC 2008

Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Feb 2008, Paul Mullen wrote:
>
>> If you already have a decent turntable, you might consider a phono-to-USB
>> hardware gadget, like the USBPhonoPlus:
>
> Paul,
>
>    I have a Dual 1019 turntable that I bought when I lived in Germany in the
> mid-1960s.

I didn't find that during my search a year ago or so. But, if I had
found it, I still would have had to get a new turntable, since my Dual
1219 (I think) changer was/is no longer functioning. I took it to a
repair shop, and it worked for a time, but no longer. Unfortunately,
being a change, it needs to have the underside gear train working.

Otherwise, I would have gone with the USBPhonoPlus, too.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens