[PLUG-TALK] USB WiFi

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Mon Oct 6 00:33:21 UTC 2008

On Sat, 4 Oct 2008, Russell Senior wrote:

> Power varies by device.  If you are looking for a higher-powered USB
> wifi adapter, this one looks pretty sweet and it has (not personally
> tested) linux drivers:
>
>  http://www.expressnets.com/sales/proddetail.asp?prod=EXPUSB200

   The ExpressNet support responded to my questions. It has a Realtek chip
set, and the power is 23dbm. The product description page on their web site
says that it runs with the linux 2.6 kernels, so I assume it's not as
distribution-sensitive as is Keith's. My notebook runs Slackware, not
Gentoo, Ubuntu, or openSuSE so we'll soon add a fourth distribution to the
Realtek USB WiFi devices.