[PLUG-TALK] Great Letter to the Editor

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Oct 17 06:36:54 PDT 2008

   This was in The Economist a couple of weeks back:

"Sir --

   "I am not surprised that Microsoft's latest advertising campaign features
Bill Gates needing help to buy a pair of shoes ('Postmodern wriggle',
September 13th). He is familiar with the Windows one-size-fits-all,
take-it-or-leave-it brand. If a pair of Windows shoes are too tight or too
loose, you are not allowed to adjust: it is forbidden by the End User
License Agreement.

   "I would suggest Mr Gates buy a pair of Linux shoes. They come in an
amazing variety of models and you can adapt them to be used as wellies,
executive moccasins, trainers or even ballet shoes. And to boot, you don't
need to reach for your credit card.

"Sebastia Pla Sanz
"Sant Cugat del Balles, Spain"