[PLUG-TALK] Linux Conferences leaving Portland

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Fri May 8 05:56:14 PDT 2009

On Thursday 07 May 2009 18:24:35 MJang wrote:
> Seems like Portland can't sustain interest in Linux conferences - or
> perhaps there are some other local elements that are driving them away.
> So what's the deal?
>
> First Ubuntu Live does a year in Portland, and then disappears.
> Earlier this year, we hear that OSCON is moving to San Jose.
> Now there's an announcement from the Linux Plumbers that they're looking
> for a new location for 2010.

OSCON moved to San Jose last (the year before?) year.

As I understand it the extra time and expense to fly into Portland is a major negative.  At least for OSCON San Jose is very convenient for a large number of the attendees.

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity