[PLUG-TALK] ADSL Service vs. Transfer Speeds

Tony Rick tonyr42 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 22:32:14 UTC 2009

Rich,

Make sure you are interpreting units correctly.  TPC transfer rates
are reported in bits-per-second, download speeds are sometimes
reported by an app in bytes-per-second.  My service is
1.5M(down)/864(up), and synaptic shows me about 158M max download
speed.  You can try speedtest.net to check your actual bits-per-second
speed.

- tony