[PLUG-TALK] Fixing color laser printer with leaf blower

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Aug 31 23:37:58 UTC 2010

On Tue, 31 Aug 2010, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> I don't like leaf blowers in general (rakes work better), but they are a
> cheap source of compressed air, especially if you get them for $10 at a
> garage sale.

   Rakes don't work on wet leaves plastered on carpeted concrete. Electric
leaf blowers (like mine) are much more acceptable than are the gas powered
blowers.

   I have a large electic motor-powered air compressor that does an even
better job of creating an air stream. Using the blower nozzle on it and
adjusting the outlet pressure to the appropriate level would work for the
same task. But, I'll learn from you and remove cartridges from my HP2550L.

   BTW, where do you buy color cartridges? The ones on eBay tend to be more
expensive than at Cartridge World.

> So, leaf blowers have some small redeeming value, at least the electric
> ones, if NOT used to wake up the neighbors and blow crap from your lawn to
> theirs on sunday morning. And if spending $10 at a local garage sale
> keeps some other neighbor from buying the damned thing, it also helps you
> sleep in.

   The air compressor is also quite noisy, but less so than the shop vac, and
at a lower pitch.