[PLUG-TALK] Portland Police Bureau CIO

Daniel Herrington dherrington at robertmarktech.com
Sun Jul 10 18:37:12 UTC 2011

Russell Johnson wrote, On 07/10/2011 11:30 AM:
> On Jul 10, 2011, at 10:00 AM, Aaron Burt wrote:
>
>> On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 07:27:58PM -0700, Daniel Herrington wrote:
>>> Is anyone familiar with the workings of the Police Bureau's IT
>>> department? Do you need to be a law enforcement officer to work in it?
>> I can't imagine so.  Are you sure they even have their own IT org?
> I don't believe you need to be a sworn officer, but I do believe you need to have a full FBI background check and drug screen.
>
> Russell Johnson
> russ at dimstar.net

Thanks, it definitely has one, shows up in the org charts on Portland
Online. Under the Services division they have a an Information
Technology group. whoever is in charge doesn't get mentioned an awful
lot on the web though. It's possible they fall under the management of
the City's IT department.

Hard to find information about working specifically for them however, or
even applying.

It's funny that with such a strong technical community here, my
impression is we're disconnected from a lot of the IT organizations in
the area.

--
Daniel Herrington
Director of Field Services

CA Workload Automation r11.3 is now GA. Contact us if you have any questions about the new release or want to discuss your company’s upgrade path.

Follow Robert Mark on LinkedIn!
http://www.linkedin.com/company/robert-mark-technologies/