[PLUG-TALK] Housing Infrastructure (was Re: Attic Insulation)

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sun Jul 31 08:28:54 UTC 2011

>>>>> "Keith" == Keith Lofstrom <keithl at kl-ic.com> writes:

Keith> Entirely off topic [...]

And digressing a step further, my mother had a plumbing failure on
Thursday night.  At 3AM she awoke to a smoke alarm.  Getting out of
bed, she stepped into 1-inch deep water.  She called 9-1-1, discovered
the source of the water (a failed flex-hose to the bathroom sink
hot-water tap), couldn't get it shut off there because of the hot
water, eventually got it turned off.  Fire Department showed up and
helped get things sorted.

Insurance company dispatched damage mitigation people and the house is
filled with noisy and hot water-extraction equipment, and might be
running for another week.  The nice hardwood flooring is warped, but
longterm damage won't be clear until things have dried out.  The
insulation under the house was soaked and had to be ripped out to
prevent mold.

The flex-hose was metal armored, and burst in the middle.  No obvious
reason.

Be careful out there!

seniorr at aracnet.com