[PLUG-TALK] forcing dash in search, any engine

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Nov 17 06:05:52 UTC 2011

Using google to search for page content with "setup-cisco" finds
thousands of pages with the word "setup" followed by "cisco",
and very few have content with the dash in the string.  I was
looking for the bare file/program - eventually I just downloaded
the trixbox iso, pulled the appropriate rpm, and ran rpm into
a different root.  About half an hour to get that file (so I could
read it).

Is there a search engine out there that does not equate " " with
"-" with "." etc., or one that can be tricked into looking for
the exact string?