[PLUG-TALK] Google Search Grumbles

Dwight Hubbard dwight at dwightandamy.com
Mon Jan 30 18:48:41 UTC 2012

Have you looked at yql (http://developer.yahoo.com/yql/) ??  It creates
a sql like interface for web scraping.

So a you can do a yql query like:
select * from search.web where query="linux cifs setup"

And the result is a parsable xml document.

This site has a good quick and dirty quick start
(http://net.tutsplus.com/tutorials/other/how-to-create-a-web-service-in-a-matter-of-minutes/)

(Note I work for Yahoo so I may be a bit biased but I still think YQL is
cool :-) )