[PLUG-TALK] Frontier Flipping IP addresses

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Thu Apr 3 04:48:09 UTC 2014

>>>>> "Rich" == Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:

Rich>    Starting about a week ago Frontier Communications is once
Rich> again assigning a new IP address to me as frequently as each
Rich> half-hour. At least, that's the frequency at which I check for
Rich> the current IP address and modify the DNS servers if it's
Rich> changed.

Rich>    This is what they were doing when they first stopped
Rich> supporting Aracnet's routers and we lost static IP addresses.

Rich>    Is anyone else experiencing this?

FWIW, that's the kind of thing that might happen if your DSL modem is
losing its train and reconnecting periodically, as might happen if you
have dicey signal strength in one direction or another.

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net