[PLUG-TALK] Sign the petition: Turn back McCutcheon (fwd)

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Apr 13 18:10:15 UTC 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Senator Ron Wyden <wyden at wyden.net>

By now you’ve probably heard the news: the Supreme Court ruled yet again in
support of the deep-pocketed political spenders.

The decision is McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission.  Think of it like
a sequel to the Citizens United decision. The result: new opportunities for
wealthy donors to influence political campaigns.

It’s a bad decision, and I’m not taking it sitting down.

I’ve joined with my Senate colleagues in drafting a petition calling for
action to turn back McCutcheon and Citizens United. You can join us: sign
the petition and add your name.

http://www.stopmccutcheon.com/wyden

McCutcheon blows a hole in the restrictions that keep the wealthiest donors
from wielding their influence in an unlimited number of political campaigns.
It’s the latest push by the far-right to put our democracy up for sale to
the highest bidder.

And as Justice Breyer pointed out in dissent, with some clever lawyering, a
handful of wealthy millionaires could collude together to steer millions of
dollars into individual congressional campaigns. McCutcheon effectively ends
all limits on big money donations.

We’re calling on members of both parties to stand up and say enough is
enough. Join the fight: add your name today and say it’s time to turn back
the unlimited campaign spending.

http://www.stopmccutcheon.com/wyden

First it was Citizens United, and now it’s McCutcheon. We’re headed in the
wrong direction.

Sign today, and let’s turn this around.

Ron Wyden