[PLUG-TALK] write(1) on the comeback trail

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Mon Apr 14 16:51:43 UTC 2014

Over the weekend, we brought a new general-purpose login server
online. After the work was done at the office, I went home and logged
in to verify a couple things.

I left my login session running (carelessly, since that's not my
normal practice) and when I returned later in the day I noticed that
an engineer had used write(1) to send me a brief request.

It was the perfect medium for that exchange, and I replied in kind.
(He'd left his session running for just that reason.)

/me loves ancient utilities.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinlein at madboa.com