[PLUG-TALK] [PLUG-JOBS] hardware tinkering gig

aaron at bavariati.org aaron at bavariati.org
Thu Apr 17 18:25:38 UTC 2014

(Moved to Plug-Talk to keep discussion off Jobs list)
wes wrote:
> I have a one-off project if anyone is interested in taking it on. I want a
> keyboard emulator. It should be programmable, and be able to emulate any
> key or combination of keys that I can find on any keyboard. A configurable
> rate would be neat too. I want the computer I plug it into to believe it's
> just your average run-of-the-mill USB keyboard.

I've done that with one of Paul Stoeffringen's Teensy++ 2.0 boards running
Arduino, works great.  I've only emulated mice and keyboards so far.
Takes like 5-10 lines of C-ish code.
What's great about the Teensy is that you can chat with Paul at DorkbotPDX
meetings every other Monday.  He's a great guy.
http://www.pjrc.com/teensy/

If the project is not particularly urgent or lucrative, maybe I could see
what I can throw together and pass along to you.  (I don't usually do fun
stuff for money. :)

If the project *is* urgent and/or lucrative, talk to Paul or post to the
Dorkbot list.
http://dorkbotpdx.org/

Can you comment on what sort of input this keyboard emulator is supposed
to have?