[PLUG-TALK] hiring good programmers

Michael Rasmussen michael at jamhome.us
Sat Nov 8 16:17:19 UTC 2014

A lesson from a Google manager about hiring offshore Java developers he could not interview.
http://qr.ae/m7C4A

    Some years ago an offshore company was producing Java for me with
    inconsistent quality.  I was able to build remote teams by looking at
    their resumes, but I couldn't interview them individually because they
    didn't speak English.  This kind of constraint makes for an interesting
    experiment.

    The developers' resumes looked good, with years of experience.  Still,
    the code was often buggy, hard-to-read, and poorly organized.  As an
    experiment I started...

This is one answer to "Financially speaking, which computer languages can earn the most for the programmer?"

--
      Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
    Be Appropriate && Follow Your Curiosity