[PLUG-TALK] Looking for some Double Sided, Double Density 3 1/2" floppies

Pete Lancashire pete at petelancashire.com
Sat Apr 9 21:06:47 UTC 2016

It is my understanding that the magnetic properties are different. The read
signal level from HD media is lower from the coating being thinner. Many DD
drives work fine, but the older ones which I'm hoping to find may have
issues. The whole thing is due to the
Coercivity being different and or less magnetic material.

Another drive and media I'm looking for that was used in HP test equipment
for about 5-6 years spun at 600 RPM vs 300 RPM.

I don't know yet if the media was any different.