[PLUG-TALK] duckduckgo where?

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Aug 18 21:52:32 UTC 2016

On Thu, 18 Aug 2016, Galen Seitz wrote:

> I've been trying to acclimate myself to using duckduckgo for my
> searches, but it seems I need to learn a bit more about how to use it.
> I put the following string, sans quotes, into duckduckgo:
> "tms320f28015 eval OR devel board"

Galen,

   When I replaced OR with | and spelled out development the first return was
for an Intel card; I presume the one you're looking at. After that most hits
were for various economic development boards.

   So I modified the search string to 'tms230f20815 board' and the returns
appear closer to what you want.

   I thought that with duckduckgo you have a choice of search engines,
including google. I thought it was under settings (click on the three
horizontal rows in the upper right corner, but I don't find it there; only
other settings.

   Sometimes duckduckgo does not find specifically what I want, so I open
chromium and use google. But, 99 and 44/100th % of the time it does the job
I need without ads or tracking me.