[PLUG-TALK] duckduckgo where?

Russell Senior russell at personaltelco.net
Fri Aug 19 00:23:50 UTC 2016

>>>>> "Galen" == Galen Seitz <galens at seitzassoc.com> writes:

Galen> I've been trying to acclimate myself to using duckduckgo for my
Galen> searches, but it seems I need to learn a bit more about how to
Galen> use it.  I put the following string, sans quotes, into
Galen> duckduckgo: "tms320f28015 eval OR devel board"

Galen> The 28015 is a TI digital signal processor.  I'm looking for
Galen> evaluation boards or development boards.  The first link I get
Galen> back is: "Ouija Boards are of the Devil - Jesus is Savior"

Galen> Apparently duckduckgo thinks devel is a typo of devil.  Tried the
Galen> same search with google and got the results I was expecting.  Of
Galen> course that might be due to google having years of search history
Galen> associated with my IP address.  Anyway, I found the duckduckgo
Galen> results amusing.  Hmmm, I wonder if there are any Ouija boards
Galen> with JTAG interfaces.

Check out https://duckduckgo.com/bang

You can search google by prefacing your search terms with !g.  Or
wikipedia with !w, and apparently many many others.

See also: https://duck.co/help/results/syntax

--
Russell Senior, President
russell at personaltelco.net