[PLUG-TALK] Comcast putzes - I'm easily amused

John Jason Jordan johnxj at comcast.net
Sat Aug 20 02:34:52 UTC 2016

On Fri, 19 Aug 2016 18:21:03 -0700
Michael Rasmussen <michael at jamhome.us> dijo:

>Over an hour on chat with them.
>Then came the Customer Satisfaction Survey.
>hehehe

In most cases the customer satisfaction survey is to make the customer
feel that they have expressed themselves to the company. In fact, the
survey responses are commonly sent to /dev/null. It's usually just a
feel-good device. Marketing people are not known for being
straightforward and honest.

Regarding the modem being EOL, I recently went through the same thing
with Comcast over my modem that was just over two years old. I haven't
figured out if this is a conspiracy between Comcast and modem
manufacturers or if modems really do become EOL. Comcast tech support
did say that my (old) modem "would not hold a signal," referring to the
commands that they send to it. Deliberately designed obsolescence?

The other day I saw a CenturyLink installation truck on the next street
over from me, although not yet on my street. But I keep remembering
what Russell said: "dealing with them is "like having your arm
gnawed off by wolverines."

Sigh.