[PLUG-TALK] Telemarketer bot

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Feb 2 22:55:02 UTC 2016

On Tue, 2 Feb 2016, Michael Rasmussen wrote:

> In this for Keith Loftstrom special
>    So what do you do if you’re getting annoying and repeated telemarketer
>    calls? Well, you can transfer them to me if you want. My robot is happy to
>    chat with anyone. Some of my best calls were routed through my mobile. The
>    audio levels are a little lower, so my robot may not detect noise/silence
>    correctly, but it’s usually a pretty good time.

   Clever.

   What's equally effective and takes less time and partipation by me is
not answering the call if I don't recognize the caller ID or phone number.
Ligitimate callers leave a message, as do some human and robot
telemarketers. But, most of the latter two categories don't leave a message.

   Whether they drop my number from their list, it is no more bother for me
to ignore them (whoever they are) when these calls come in several times a
day.