[PLUG-TALK] Internet Culture and the Decline of Reasoned Discourse

Vedanta Teacher orevedantateacher at gmail.com
Sun Jun 19 16:24:48 UTC 2016

I used to actively chat in local news groups years ago and I noted the same
trend so I dropped off. I didn't want to waste my time composing a logical,
orderly, cogent posting and then have people flame me after reading the
first three words... I was on line chatting with friends when the
tsunami/earthquake
hit Japan and the bombing hit Boston but, as I said, I dropped off because
no one was reading anything that didn't confirm their pre-set opinions.

Personally I consider FB/Twitter/ et.at. to be such massive security risks
that I refuse to use them.

Shanti,

Paul W.