[PLUG-TALK] Transmit audio wirelessly from computer to stereo

John Jason Jordan johnxj at gmx.com
Sun Oct 22 04:32:45 UTC 2017

On Sat, 21 Oct 2017 11:05:14 -0700
Dick Steffens <dick at dicksteffens.com> dijo:

>If you still have access to the walls, I'd go with cables.

The room is rectangular and I have access only to two walls (one long
one and one short one). That means I have to route the cable to a short
wall, chisel through the sheetrock to the opposite wall, and then
through the studs to the middle of the next wall. Plus, the computer
will be on my desk in the middle of the room, so I'd have to place one
of those walk-over things on the floor, which I would have to walk over
every time I go to sit down at my desk. I'm pretty clumsy; I don't need
extra things to trip over.

Back to the wireless options, I dug out my Jensen WBT310 and fired it
up to see if, with a little more motivation, I could get it working.
Fail. I couldn't even get it connected to both ends. I hate Bluetooth.
Pairing is a PITA. Bah. I see now why I gave up on it.

Why can't I find a simple always-on transmitter that takes audio from
the computer and transmits it to an always-on receiver that outputs it
to RCA jacks that I can plug in to the stereo? It seems so simple to me.